Kershaw Scallion Frame Lock Assisted Opening Knife (2.25" Bead Blast) 1620FL
Original price $109.99
Current price $89.99
A SCALLION IN PURE STAINLESS STEEL—AND A FRAME LOCKThe Scallion is one of our most popular knives—and no wonder. With its 2 1/4-inch blade, the Scallion is the perfect size for lightweight and convenient pocket carry. But just because it’s smaller doesn’t mean it isn’t mighty. From breaking down a cardboard box to cutting twine to opening packages, the Scallion is perfect for just about any cutting task you’d care to ask it to do. One of the Scallion’s cool features is SpeedSafe assisted opening. With SpeedSafe, you can open the blade one-handed. Just pull back on the ambidextrous flipper and the blade moves out of the handle, ready for use. The high-carbon blade steel offers good edge retention and excellent corrosion resistance. The bead-blasted finish makes it easy to maintain. This Scallion’s handle is pure stainless steel, which enables us to build-in a frame lock. When the blade is opened, a part of the handle, or frame, moves into place behind the blade, locking it open and ensuring that it can’t accidentally close during use. The frame lock is an exceptionally strong blade lock. The second lock is the Tip-Lock. It’s a slider that locks the tip of the blade inside the handle until you release it, which ensures the knife won’t accidentally open during transport. A great all-stainless-steel look, blade security, and assisted opening…it all adds up to one great little knife.
- Flipper May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe® Assisted Opening Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Single Position The pocketclip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Made In The USA When you see this on one of our knives, it means the knife was made in our Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Made in the USA
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Frame lock
- Single-position pocketclip
- Steel: 420HC, bead-blasted finish
- Handle: 410 steel, bead-blasted finish
- Blade length: 2.4 in. (6.1 cm)
- Closed length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Overall length: 5.75 in. (14.6 cm)
- Weight: 2.9 oz. (82.2 g)