Kershaw Funxion Lightweight Assisted Opening Knife (3" Black Serr) 8100
Original price $79.99
Current price $69.99
NEW FUNXION EMT WITH ITS EMERGENCY-READY FEATURES NOW IN A LIGHTWEIGHT VERSIONThe new 8100 has all the features of the Funxion EMT—functions that can make all the difference in an emergency situation. But this new Funxion EMT is in a lighter weight version thanks to a glass-filled nylon handle with non-slip K-Texture™ insert. Equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening, the blade opens quickly and is ready to help instantly. A quick pull back on the ambidextrous flipper or push on the thumbstud and it's ready for use, right now. The big, drop-point blade is ideal for taking on a wide variety of everyday and not-so-everyday cutting tasks. The 8Cr13MoV blade steel offers excellent wear resistance, toughness, and edge retention. Separate locking liners for the blade and other tools ensure safety. The partially serrated blade can cut through webbing to free trapped accident victims. The cord cutter makes quick work of nylon cording. There's a hex bolt wrench and a screwdriver tip built into the cord cutter arm. A carbide glassbreaker tip can help get you out of a tough situation. The Funxion EMT's handle is lightweight and sturdy. A non-slip K-Texture™ insert enhances a secure grip. The Funxion EMT comes with Kershaw’s deep-carry clip for secure pocket carry—or clip it just about anywhere with the built-in carabiner. For additional safety, when the carabiner is out, the blade is locked closed.
- Multifunction Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- 2-Step Serration Serrations assist in cutting through particularly tough or fibrous material, such as rope or cord. The Kershaw 2-step serration is a more aggressive style of serration.
- Flipper May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe® Assisted Opening Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Single Position The pocketclip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Deep Carry
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Thumbstud and flipper
- Single-position pocketclip; deep-carry
- Carabiner clip, cord cutter, screwdriver tip, hex wrench, glassbreaker tip
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, black-oxide coating
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon, K-Texture™ insert
- Blade length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
- Closed length: 4.25 in. (10.7 cm)
- Overall length: 7.25 in. (18.4 cm)
- Weight: 4.8 oz. (137 g)